Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 12 of 12

Thread: Wheel hops. What should I do?

  1. #11
    Inactive Member redline's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 19th, 2000
    Posts
    280
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    lund: i am pretty sure that you do not want to do that, but it is your call.

    k

  2. #12
    Inactive Member pest's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 1st, 2000
    Posts
    91
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey lund,

    and everyone else that puts in these bushings. I just recommend putting in the front ones and not the back for driving around all the time. Redline found out why, right!!!

    When you get above 80... it is just sooooooo loud w/ the 2 front ones in. The 3rd one is a lil louder. Below 80, though, no problem. just a weeeeee lil' noise.

    also, I was NOT Getting the full effect of the bushings and was wondering why. So I did a lil' checking and found out one of my bolts had backed out (dumba$$ who put in the bolt put 6...fricken 6!!!... washers on the bolt.) That is a big no no.

    just a lil' something for you all to think about... check this...

    pretend you are standing on the drivers side fender and looking at the engine. there are 4 bolts that connect your back bracket to the car. upper left bolt...43 ft lb...upper right bolt...(mount)... 43 ft lb... and then there are 2 other bolts that need to be torqued down to 87 ft lbs.

    the only reason I said all this is cuz' it made a huge difference when I torqued them properly and made sure they were all tight.I added a lockwasher to the bolts and hope that will help to keep the bolts tight.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •